Please congratulate our Jazz Ensemble! They were accepted to perform at Epcot’s International Arts Festival on Jan 13th, 15, 16, &20. Come out and support them on the Fountain Stage at 10am & 11:20am each day.
Please help us reach our $80,000 goal for 200 new band uniforms!
Click on the donate button below the uniform picture to contribute today!
The 2016 school year is underway!
Band members be sure to check back regularly for lots of great information!
Can’t figure this scale thing out? Try this Scale worksheet for help!
How to Sign up for Celly:
Web address – cel.ly
Click the sign up/login button on the page. It is slightly hidden in the some of the background pictures.
You can select to sign up with email, facebook, twitter, or Google+. I recommend signing up with email. If you select email, set up your account and password, select “I’m a Parent” and click “Sign Up.”
Once you’ve created an account you have 2 more big steps to go!
In the top right corner of the page you will see your account name. Place the arrow over it and a drop down menu will appear. Click “Edit Profile.” Complete your profile information and then click “Save.” Then select “settings.” Click on “mobile phone.” On the following page, enter your phone information and click “Verify.” A text will now go to your phone. In the text, a verification code will be there. Enter the verification number on the computer webpage. Click the button. Your phone should then receive a text stating you are verified.
Return to the home page. You still have not joined the Melhiband group.
On the web page, it asks you right away to join a cell group. Click “join cell.” Type in “melhiband” into the space.
You still have not joined the group.
Once you’ve typed that in, Celly will take you to our group page. You will see all the past messages from me. In the top right of the page, you will see a tab that says “request to join @melhiband” Click on that. At this point it will send your information over to me to approve you to join the group. Once I’ve accepted you to the group, Celly will send you a notification text.
At this point you will start receiving alert texts from Mel Hi Band!
How to Use Charms:
How to access parent/student information in
- Log on to www.charmsoffice.com, and click the “ENTER” link at upper right.
- Locate the “PARENT/STUDENT/MEMBERS LOGIN” section of the web page.
- Login to your child’s program account using the following School Code:
- This will bring up the main parent page. This will allow you to look at the “public” calendar for your organization, event list, handouts and other files.
- Clicking on an event on the calendar brings up the details for that event, such as times, attendance requirements and equipment/uniform necessities. Clicking on “event list” puts all of the calendar information in a list form for easy printing. Note that if a calendar event is specifically assigned to your child, it may NOT show up on this calendar – check the “Student” calendar after entering the student’s ID number (see below).
- When you enter your child’s ID NUMBER (initial of first name followed by last name, no spaces example John Smith = jsmith) as a Student Area Password, another more detailed screen appears with even more options to view your student’s uniform assignments, music assignments, financial records, forms and inventory. Once you have first entered this ID number, you may create your own, unique password by clicking on the “keyhole” (Change Password) button.
- Two areas in which you can help the director maintain his/her records:
- Update Personal Information – if the director has allowed it, you may help make changes to your child’s student information page (such as updating phone numbers and email addresses if they change) to help the teacher communicate with you more effectively. Click the Personal Info button.
- If your program has setup online payments, you can make credit card payments for fees, trips and deposits to your student’s account. If credit card payment is activated, you will see blue buttons in the four main areas of the financial statement indicating your ability to make online payments.
- You will also see links to enter Practice Logs, view Grades, and use the Recording Studio if the teacher has enabled these options.
The Pride of Mel Hi Band is comprised of the marching, jazz and concert bands at Melbourne High School in Melbourne, Florida. Established in 1926, the Pride of Mel Hi has a rich history and tradition of excellence that is truly special. The band has performed at numerous state and national events including the MENC National Convention. Among its broad accomplishments was the honor of hosting and performing under the direction of internationally renowned Czechoslovakian composer Karel Husa. The marching band performs at all Friday night football games and the jazz and concert bands perform concerts regularly throughout the year.